Effective: ___22nd February_____, 2016
“LymphCare GmbH (“LymphCare,” “we, “us”, or “our”) is an affiliate of BSN Medical Inc. and operates the LymphCare website located at www.lymphcareusa.com (the “Site”). This Privacy Notice describes the types of personal information we collect, how we use the information, with whom we share it, and the choices you can make about our use of the information. We also describe the measures we take to protect the security of the information and how you can contact us about our privacy practices. Please review this Privacy Notice carefully.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- INFORMATION COLLECTION
- HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- How We Share Your Information
- YOUR CHOICES
- SECURITY OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
- ABILITY TO MODIFY OR DELETE YOUR INFORMATION
- THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
- CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
- CONTACT US
We may collect information about you directly from you and from third parties, as well as automatically through your use of the Site. The types of personal information we may collect from users of the Site include: full name, gender, date of birth, home address, email address, home telephone number, mobile telephone number, work telephone number, preferred language, health-related information (including information about your height and weight and health status, healthcare and treatment, and health insurance information), communications preferences, IP address, and user ID and password.
Information We Collect From Registered Users
Individuals are free to visit and use the Site without registering or providing any personal information, but Site registration is required to log-in to the Site, to interact with healthcare providers using the Site, and to take advantage of other services offered by the Site.
Healthcare Provider Users. If you are a healthcare provider and wish to register for the Site as a Healthcare Provider User, you must provide us with certain information about yourself and your practice. Such information may include: name, address, email address, mobile and work phone, practice name, and a user ID and password. We may also collect certain optional information, including how long you have been treating lymphedema patients, the number of lymphedema patients you see each month, your home address and telephone number, and your communication preferences.
Other Registered Site Users. If you are a general user of the Site (not a healthcare provider) and wish to register for the Site, you must provide us with certain information about yourself. Such information may include: first and last name, date of birth, address, email address, home telephone number, as well as a user ID and password. We may also collect middle name or initial, height and weight, health insurance information, mobile telephone number, and work telephone number, and communications preferences. In addition, during the registration process and through the use of the Site, users may provide other health-related information, including information about their health status, healthcare and treatment (“Health Information”).
User Generated Content. Some of the Site’s features provide you with the ability to post content about yourself, including in the Diary and in the Community portion of the Site. Additionally, the Site may enable users to communicate or interact with each other. If you choose to interact with another user on the Site, that user may be able to view certain information about you, including personal information (such as your full name and contact information). We cannot prevent such information from being used by others in a manner that may violate this Privacy Notice, the law, or your personal privacy. As a result, you should never post any information to our Site or provide information to other users that you are not comfortable sharing publically (e.g., personal medical details).
Information Third Parties Provide About You
We may supplement the information we collect about you with outside records from third parties in order to provide you with information, services, or goods you have requested, to enhance our ability to serve you, and to tailor our content to you. We may combine the information we receive from those other sources with information we collect through the Site. In those cases, we will apply this Privacy Notice to the combined information.
Information Collected Automatically When You Access & Use the Site
In addition to any personal information or other information that you choose to submit to the Site, we and our third party service providers may use a variety of technologies that automatically or passively collect certain information whenever you visit or interact with the Site (“Usage Information”). Usage Information may include the browser and operating system you are using, the URL or advertisement that referred you to our Site, the search terms you entered into a search engine that lead you to our Site (if applicable), all of the areas within our Site that you visit, the time of day you visited the Site and Site traffic, among other information. Usage Information also includes the IP address or other unique identifier (“Device Identifier”) for any computer, mobile phone, tablet or other device (any of which are referred to herein as a “Device”) used to access the Site. A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device, and our servers identify your Device by its Device Identifier. Some mobile service providers may also provide us or our third party service providers with information regarding the physical location of the Device used to access the Site.
We may use Usage Information for a variety of purposes, including enhancing or otherwise improving the Site and our products and services. Usage Information is generally non-identifying, but if we associate it with you as a specific and identifiable person, we treat it as personal information.
The methods that may be used to collect Usage Information include the following:
- Cookies. A cookie is a data file placed on a Device when it is used to visit the Site or otherwise access our online content. Cookies may be used for many purposes, including, without limitation, remembering you and your preferences and tracking your visits to our web pages. If you choose to disable cookies on your Device, some features of the Site or our content may not function properly.
- Web Beacons. Small graphic images or other web programming code called web beacons (also known as “1x1 GIFs” or “clear GIFs”) may be included in our web pages and e-mail messages. Web beacons may be invisible to you, but any electronic image or other web programming code inserted into a web page or e-mail can act as a web beacon. Web beacons or similar technologies may be used for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count visitors to the Site, to monitor how users navigate the Site, to count how many e-mails that were sent were actually opened or to count how many particular articles or links were actually viewed.
- Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Site, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your Device from our web server or a third party service provider, is active only while you are connected to the Site, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use information collected through the Site, including your personal information and Usage Information, to:
- enable and allow you to participate in features and services we offer or to provide related customer service, including, without limitation, to respond to your questions, complaints, or comments;
- tailor the content we display to you;
- process a transaction you initiate;
- provide you with information, products, or services that you have requested or agreed to receive;
- communicate with you about bsn medical or jobst products, services, offers, events, and promotions, and offer you products and services we believe may be of interest to you;
- enable you to communicate with us through our social networks or Site features;
- process your registration with the Site and manage your account, including verifying that your e-mail address is active and valid;
- operate, evaluate, or improve the Site and our business (including developing new bsn medical products and services; managing our communications; determining the effectiveness of and optimizing our advertising; analyzing our products, services, websites, and any other digital assets; facilitating the functionality of our websites and any other digital assets; and performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation, and collection activities);
- anonymize personal information and prepare and furnish aggregated data reports showing anonymized information (including, but not limited to, the following: compilations, analyses, analytical and predictive models and rules, and other aggregated reports) for our business purposes;
- contact you with regard to our and our affiliates’ (specifically bsn medical and jobst) products and services, or your use of the Site, and, in our discretion, changes to the Site policies or functionality;
- protect against, address, and prevent fraud, unauthorized activities, claims, and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure and enforce legal and contractUAL obligations;
- as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or as requested by any judicial process or governmental agency having or claiming jurisdiction over us or an affiliate; and
- comply with industry standards and our policies.
How We Share Your Information
We may share the information that we collect about you, including personal information and Usage Information as follows:
- We may share your information with our affiliated companies, subsidiaries, and our parent company (BSN MEDICAL), subject to the terms of this Privacy Notice.
- We may share information with third party service providers that perform services on our behalf, including without limitation, those that host and operate the Site.
- We may share information to comply with law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a subpoena in compliance with applicable privacy laws, or at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation.
- We may share information to analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies (including by identifying when emails sent to you have been received and read).
- We may share information to respond to claims that any information you provide violates the rights of third parties.
- We may share information in relation to the sale, assignment, transfer, or acquisition of all or substantially all of LymphCare’s assets or shares by a third party.
- We may share information with other third parties with your consent.
- We may share Usage Information and other aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research and other purposes.
We offer you certain choices about what personal information we collect from you, how we use that information, and how we communicate with you. You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us or object at any time. We will apply your preferences going forward. In some circumstances, withdrawing your consent to our use or disclosure of your personal information will mean that you cannot take advantage of certain offerings or Site features. Your choices include the following:
- You may choose not to receive marketing email communications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the marketing emails or by adjusting your email preferences using the online account you may establish on our sites It may take up to [_2_] business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you e-mails about your account or any services you have requested or received from us.
- Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. Please note, however, that disabling cookies may cancel opt-outs that rely on cookies.
SECURITY OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
We use administrative, physical, and technical safeguards to protect the personal information you provide or we collect against accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use.
Despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your account by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your user ID and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
We are not responsible for the handling, sharing, re-sharing, and/or distribution of your Health Information. Moreover, if you forward Health Information electronically to another person on or off the Site, we are not responsible for any harm or other consequences from third party use or re-sharing of your Health Information.
LymphCare will not respond to Web browser “do not track” signals. If you would like additional information about online tracking and various opt-out mechanisms, please see donottrack.us/ Because we link to social media sites, other parties may collect your personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different web sites when you visit this Site.
Please note that not all tracking will stop even if you delete cookies.
ABILITY TO MODIFY OR DELETE YOUR INFORMATION
As a registered user, you may modify registration information by logging into your account and updating your profile information. Copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Site for a period of time. You may request to delete any personal information we possess by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS
Our Site contains links to other websites and may use services provided by third parties. These websites and services may operate independently from us. Linked websites and third party service providers may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites or use any third party services. To the extent any linked websites you visit or third party services are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for the websites’ or the third party services’ content, any use of the websites or the third party services, or the privacy practices of the websites or the third party service providers.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time, and without prior notice to you, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Privacy Notice on this page. If we make any changes to this Privacy Notice that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change, such as by highlighting the change on our Site, or emailing the email address of record for your account.
We encourage you to contact us if you have any questions or concerns regarding the privacy aspects of our Site or would like to make a complaint. You may write to us at LymphCare GmbH, Quickbornstrasse 24, c/o BSN medical GmbH, 20253 Hamburg, Germany
Phone: +49(0) 4909 6666