Hearing stories from other patients, caregivers, and professionals regarding lymphedema can be very powerful. You can also share YOUR story with your new community to inspire those around you. You will instantly feel a connection to the large lymphedema community. Watch encouraging and motivation videos here.
Deborah Cordner Carson
“I’m probably more of an athlete than I would have been if I didn’t have lymphedema.”
- Secondary lower extremity lymphedema
- Competed in the CrossFit Games three times
- Won the Spirit of the Games Award in 2012
Cynthia "MsCjay" Judge
"To me, the lymphedema community is my family. That is where I'm the happiest"
- Secondary upper extremity lymphedema
- Patient Advocate and Co-Host of the Lymphedema Mavens Podcast
Tristen and Tammy Reid
"Tristen is a real role model for a lot of these kids... These kids are seeing that you're not going to be limited by this, you just have to take care of yourself so that you can."
- Primary, bilateral lower extremity lymphedema, born with swelling
- Patient advocate
- Tristen's mother
- Received training in MLD to help her son
- Parent advocate
“Share your story with others. You’ll be relieved, and through that you will inspire millions.”
- Primary bilateral lower extremity lymphedema
- Misdiagnosed for 18 years
- Patient Advocate and Mrs. Florida International